Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Alchemist

Every person has their own destiny.  But hardly anyone knows where their destiny will take them.  I have no idea where I will be going in life.  I hope that one day I will become an engineer like my father and be able to have enough money to pursue my own personal dreams.  In The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Santiago must follow his own personal destiny to wherever it may take him.  Now this was Santiago's choice to do so, he could have settled down or walked away from his journey all together.  But he knew the secret to living a fulfilling life.  This secret is that whoever one is and wherever one goes, they must do everything they can to make their personal destiny become realized.  Like Santiago, I am also on a journey through life, and I also have very little knowledge of where I am headed.  But I know that as long as I continue on my way and do what I think is right, my journey will end in success.  Success is a broad term; it can be used in a variety of ways and never has the exact same meaning.  For me, success is when one achieves their goals and reaches the point in life where they feel satisfied.  I have not reached this point or even come near any of my goals, so I know that my destiny still has a lot in store for me.  I am doing the best I can to stay on the path towards success but it can be hard at times.  There are many obstacles that stand in the way between a person and his or her destiny.  When Santiago was on his journey, he experienced many roadblocks that set him back days, weeks, and even years.  I have also dealt with a few setbacks while pursuing my destiny.  One of my largest setbacks in life has been my issues with organization.  I find it very hard to keep myself in order and it is very difficult to get back into order once I become disorganized.  But I know that I must do anything I can to reach success and this includes organizing and adapting to my surroundings in the hope that one day I will achieve my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment