Monday, May 27, 2013

The Last Lecture


Randy Pausch was a professor of Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, and Design at Carnegie Mellon University.  When Randy was diagnosed with a fatal pancreatic cancer in August of 2006, he knew that he had to make the rest of his time on Earth count.  Pausch was still in peak physical condition for the time he had left.  He decided to deliver speeches to those who would listen.  He wrote a book called The Last Lecture, this recounted his entire life, the goals he accomplished, and what he had to do to accomplish those goals.  "When you screw up, and nobody yells at you, that means they gave up on you." Pausch says this in the meaning that you must try as hard as you can in life, and if you mess up somebody will be there to help you.  My lecture is much simpler than Randy's, as I haven't had nearly as much time as he had in life.  I was born into a well-off family in the late 1990's.  My life has always been pretty easy and straightforward.  At this point in my life, I am more making my goals than trying to achieve them.  The goals I have made so far are; I want to go to a good college, I want to be an engineer of some kind, and I want to make enough money to get by, but not too much as where I don't have time for myself.  As of right now I can not accomplish any of these goals I have set because they are all set in the future, which is out of my reach.  I do not know if these goals will be the same goals that I'm going to have in a few years.  Goals change, as do people, over time.  I plan to accomplish all of my goals and to do whatever I can to to see them through.  My goals are very important to me, I want to be successful in life and I am going to be successful in life.  Things or people may try to stop me but it will not work because I have a goal and I'm going to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment